This course will be of particular interest to those with a direct or indirect responsibility for the management of asbestos in the workplace.
This course will raise the awareness of individuals to the potential dangers of asbestos exposure and individuals whose responsibilities include the management of asbestos in their buildings.
By the end of the course delegates should be able to:
• Discuss the origins of Asbestos and where it is found
• Outline the health hazards caused by asbestos and its routes of entry into the body
• Identify the locations/products where asbestos containing materials are likely to be found
• Outline the basic occupiers duties in relation to asbestos
It is estimated that over two-million workplaces contain asbestos, which remains the single biggest cause of work related deaths in the UK.
• What is asbestos?
• Health hazards of asbestos;
• Asbestos in buildings;
• Asbestos legislation;
• Asbestos waste;
• Emergency procedures;
• Multiple choice question paper.
The aim is for delegates to be able to lift and handle loads in a safe and efficient manner, reduce the risk of injury and conform to the 1992 EEC Legislation. This course meets the statutory requirements of the Health & Safety Executive.
• Show how it is possible to keep body stress to minimum in a number of given handling activities.
• Identify immediate and cumulative effects of strain and sprain injuries
• Practical exercises on correct lifting techniques, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Twisting
• Repetitive strain injuries, use of hand mechanics
• Group Lifting
• Adopting a positive attitude towards safe systems of work
• Suggest ways to eliminate or control any handling hazards or unsafe handling practice within their area of control
• Reduce the number of manual handling injuries
• Reduction in company costs due to reduction in incident related costs
• Reduce the number of lost working hours
• Improve productivity of the workforce
This Training is suitable for individuals who will or may come into contact with asbestos as part of their daily work activity and anyone involved with the lifting and handling of loads.
On successful completion of this course candidates will receive Training 4 Industry Certificate of Attendance.